Sunday, September 11, 2016

Day Six: Sunday, September 11, 2016 - Gateway Hut to La Sal Hut

Total Mileage - 20.7 miles
Starting Elevation - 4,560'
Ending Elevation - 8,055'
Elevation Change - 4,736'

https://www.strava.com/activities/712076899

We left the hut at 7:30AM since we had a long four thousand foot climb on the John Brown Trail to the next hut. I felt good on the initial part of the climb since it started at four thousand feet. I took off my glasses since it was overcast, and so I could easily wipe the sweat away from my eyes. I also took off my gloves and propped them on my bar ends to help my hands and body stay cool on the climb. There were quite a few sections I was in my lowest gear, but there were enough breaks during the climb so that I could rest and recover. The fire road was also relatively smooth, so I could just devote myself to grinding uphill.

At the Colorado and Utah border

After the steepest part of the climb, there were a series of rolling hills at eight thousand feet which slowly sapped my energy. Fortunately, there were some fast downhill sections which ate up the miles to help complete the route today.
Beerception
The Ultimate Throne



Chipping In

No comments:

Post a Comment